Subject: New '040 kernel on 840 AV
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hans-Christian Becker <hcb@phc.chalmers.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/06/1996 19:29:13
Hi!
I just installed Allen's new '040 kernel
(/pub/outgoing/briggs/netbsd.quadra on ftp.macbsd.com). Boots fine, disk
seems to be faster. However, vipw still panics on the first keystroke (Bus
Error). I'm running the 1.2 distribution. Anyone have a clue? (or anything
they'd like to have tested on a Q 840?)

Oh, btw, I daringly installed X. startx complains about not having any
screens, so it can't display anything (seems logical). Now, I know X isn't
*supposed* to work, but being amazed it didn't crash on me I thought I'd

Regards,
/hcb

---
Hans-Christian Becker (hcb@phc.chalmers.se)