Subject: Re: Building xman and xfm
To: Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1996 17:51:53
On Mon, 4 Nov 1996, Glenn Johnson wrote:

> I am currently having trouble building two X-Windows clients, xman and
> xfm. Xman compiles and links without any errors or warnings but when I
> try to run it, I get the following error:
>
> 	Could not allocate memory for manual pages
>
> I have 20MB of RAM so I don't think it is a memory shortage.

Well, you may have lots of RAM, but I got the same error when I tried to
run xman, and I've got 32MB!  I found I had to do this (excerpted from my
.xsession file):

    (unlimit; xman -geom 90x56+52-27) &

> I can not build xfm because it can not find a file called alloca.h. I
> tried xfm-1.3.1 and xfm-1.3.2, they both give the same error. Has anyone
> out there successfully built either or both of these programs? Thanks in
> advance to all those who respond.

Sorry - I can't help you there.

PS - next time please limit your text to 72 chars/line or so, so I won't
have to manually rewrap your text when I reply!  :)