Subject: 040 compile options, partitioning, and FPSP
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Tony <tchen@marauders.ibl.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1996 19:07:18
I'm trying to get a Daystar 040 accelerator card to work in a IIci.
I'd like some information if anyone else has given any thought to
trying this. I have three questions:

1)  What does the FPSP compile option do?  040 floating point software?
    Do I need this to use an 040 CPU?

2)  What compile options must be set to boot an 040?

3)  Is there anyway to boot from a different partition of the same
    drive?  We set up a partition where we could set up a different
    root partition for testing purposes, but we don't know how to
    boot it.  We tried marking the partitions differently marking
    the old boot partition as a 'Usr file system' and the new boot
    paritition as a 'Root file system' and this didn't work.

Thanks a lot!

-----
Antony Chen (tchen@ibl.org)
Network Consultant - Advantage Consulting and Technologies
"C program run.  C program crash.  C programmer quit." - Anonymous
http://www.ibl.org/~tchen (under constant construction)