Subject: Re: your mail
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: alex <axou@tiac.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1996 14:53:07
>> I tried from the macos location I got the same result one with the single
>> user option on and extra debugging the other one with only extra debugging
>
>It sounds like you have a corrupted kernel image.  Is this the same file
>that you successfully booted from before?  I don't see how it could be
>the HD Toolkit driver.
>
>I am curious: What is your native language?
>
>-allen
>
>--
>              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com

  This is exacly the same kernel that I boot successfully before from the
macos location
shall I download the file again and how to avoid the corrupted file ?
 how do I configure exactly my booter from the netbsd/mac and also to the macos
 location ?
My native language is French but I'm living in NY now