Subject: Re: ADB...
To: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1996 10:04:59
> I have a nice and supported Macintosh II. Works fine with a normal
> console. Works fine with a serial console. Just two problems:
> 1) I don't have a spare monitor, keyboard, and mouse to use it with a
> normal console.

Do you have a spare mouse?  That's sufficient to get past the ADB probe.

I seem to recall that the Mac won't boot without a video card installed.
It should be OK with no monitor, though, as long as there's a video card
there.

You might also be able to boot it with a serial console, but without
anything attached.  I don't know if the serial driver will have a
problem with that or not...  I don't _think_ you can hurt anything
trying it, though.

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com