Subject: Re: Compiling a new Kernel
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@plexus.com>
From: Derrick Hutchinson <derrick1@tribeca.ios.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/04/1996 07:20:32
At 23:11 10/31/96, Scott Reynolds wrote:
>Commenting out the line that has `ae* at nubus?' on it should ignore the
>ethernet card, or commenting out the line that says `macvid* at nubus?'
>should ignore the video card.  There is an interrupt conflict between the
>two

Scott, I tried what you mentioned, but the kernel I compiled croaked with a
rapidly repeating message of: "slot_noint() slot d" sent to the screen.
This does correspond with the slot the nubus video card was in.  Is there
perhaps someplace else I should look?  Someone had compiled a kernel last
year for me which successfully ignored the ethernet card, it was called
netbsd.noae.11.28--I believe John Wittkowski (sp?) created it for me.  Any
pointers would be appreciated.  I was also interested in using a second
drive for swap in addition to the one currently used--when do I need to
look to let the kernel know how to use this?