Subject: Re: Bash, DT, and other ramblings.
To: None <port-Mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Steven Carlson <stevec@accessone.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1996 08:51:14
On Sun, 3 Nov 1996, Randy Thompson wrote:

> So, what exactly are these processes doing when you try and kill them?
> Are you killing off a parent with a SIGKILL before you kill off its
> children? If so, send a SIGHUP or SIGTERM to the parent first and see
> if it will signal its children to die off. Give it a little time.

	Actually the main process that I've been having trouble with is
	pppd using the ppp HOW-TO scripts on ftp.macbsd.com.  If a carrier
	is dropped and I try to reconnect with ppp-up without first
	running ppp-down it will give a grep error and pppd, the shell it
	invokes to run the script, and chat will refuse to die.  I've had
	trouble with a few other processes to though.  Again it may be my
	kernel (from Oct 10)  I remember having problems with a Sept 26
	kernel too (essentially 1.2)

> > Possibly a bug, possibly a keyboard problem. Test your keyboard in a
> few mac applications and see what happens.

	I don't think it's the keyboard.  I've tried using a different one.
	It seems to happen when I press a key until it auto-repeats.  Thing
	is, it doesn't stop until I press another key. Again, It may be the
	kernel.

Thanks for everyone's help.

--
Steven Carlson