Subject: Re: Booting freeze
To: Dinsdale Piranha <dinsdale@vegas.infi.net>
From: synapse <synapse@gim.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/03/1996 02:28:18
>Thanks to all who helped out with the installation problem.
>
>I've now got the whole thing installed and ready to go.  I run the booter
>and it displays the numbers adding up and everything like it's supposed to,
>pauses, and puts up the "So I sez to him..." message like it's supposed to,
>my drives spin a little the way they do when the machine's just about to
>reboot except...
>
>...it doesn't; it just freezes completely right then and there and does
>nothing.
>
>Any idea what's causing this?  :)

try simply changing the # of colors of your monitor in the MacOS "Monitors"
Control Panel from thousands of colors (or higher) to either B+W or 256
colors (i only have a 640x480 option. so try that if it's not working at a
higher resolution). I had this same problem, too. :-)
you might think "jeesh, who wants B+W?!". well, X11R6 doesn't run in any
other resolution other than B+W (1-bit) until a color one comes out :)
X11R6 isn't that much fun in B+W, or 640x480, anyway :) i keep mine set to
it, anyway...
hope this helps...
  - a