Subject: Quadra 605
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Short <jonathan@leviathan.ele.uri.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/02/1996 08:33:26
Hello everybody, I'm sorry to bother everybody with something that I
should know, but I have noticed a lot of mail in the last few days about
an '040 kernel.  But I haven't paid attention because I do not have an
'040.  However my friend mailed me last night, and wants to install
MacBSD on his Quadra 605.  He said that he has partitioned, and I guess
that he just installed the standard kernel that comes with MacBSD.  He
said that when he boots he gets this far:

> set _mac68k_vrsrc_vec to {0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0}
> This manages to lock my computer and fail to boot netbsd.

I was wondering, is there another kernel that will work on his machine?
Or anything that he can do?  Thanks,
				Jonathan