Subject: IIci and SBC?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1996 17:53:36
Greetings,
Has anyone had success running on a 1.2 (release or later)
kernel that uses SBC for SCSI on a Mac IIci?

The reason I ask is that I am trying to track down some
problems with the ADBTEST kernels on the IIci and
so far I have come up with:

Kernel          SCSI    intvidtest      PB ADB?         Result
Pre-1.2         NCR     NO              NO              Works
1.2 Release     NCR?    NO?             NO              Works
ADBTEST139      NCR     NO              NO              Works
ADBTEST160      SBC     YES             YES             FAILS
ADBTEST164      SBC     NO              NO              FAILS

I switched to SBC because I started having problems with my drive
that went away with SBC.

I'm going to try compiling a non-SBC kernel tonight to test
with, but other data points would be appreciated.

Thanks.
	--John