Subject: Centris 610
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rachel Hitchcock <vitality@teleport.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1996 15:50:01
Well, I'm having difficulties....

machine: Centris 610, Quantum Fireball 1GB HD (half MacOS), 12 MB RAM
kernel: /netbsd is the netbsd.quadra_dual kernel
sd0a is 109 MB, for root
sd0g is 344 MB, for /usr
using base12, etc12 and man12

I booted into single-user, tried to edit /etc/fstab to have it mount sd0g to /usr,
and it said the filesystem was mounted read-only. I forget what I did next,
but I got some segmentation faults and it suggested I run fsck.

So I ran fsck -f on both partitions. The root filesystem seemed to be OK,
but when I rebooted (I had then tried going multiuser and it paniced)
the sd0g partition wouldn't mount: bad superblock, I think it said.

Should I start from scratch, and try to rebuild the partitions and reinstall
everything? Can I redo the filesystems with mkfs from the MacOS side?
And once I do get things back to the way I had them, what sorts of tests
can I perform and actions can I take to get it into multiuser?

BTW, the last message I get, after exiting single-user and before it panics and
drops me into the debugger, is a floating point exception--since I am on an LC040,
is this more to do with a bug in the FPE?

Mike Hitchcock
mike@unival.com
(temporarily vitality@teleport.com)