Subject: Re: NFS...
To: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1996 16:27:08
> Does MacBSD have NFS support? I'm assuming it does, but I thought I
> probably ought to check to make sure before I plan half of my filesystem
> around being able to mount from my other Unix boxen...

As long as the kernel you're using has

options 	NFSCLIENT

in it's config file, you will be able to mount NFS-exported partitions.
The GENERIC kernels usually have this option enabled.  However, to NFS
export filesystems, you need to have

options 	NFSSERVER

which GENERIC kernels do not have.

However, if all you want to do is the former, you are probably fine.

Later.