Subject: quotas
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 11/01/1996 14:48:34
ok, i give up. i've been fighting this for weeks now. :-6
i've read the man pages. i've asked our unix sysop and he's sat thru a few
hours with me trying to get it to work.

this is the problem:

when i do an edquota for a user, it does not remember their quota
allocation, and when i do a quota -u on the person, it says they have no
quota.

any ideas?

my fstab has

ufs rw,userquota 1 1

in the first line like it's meant to (according to the man pages). I have
run quotaon and edquota and quotacheck, they all seem to produce no errors
nor any complaints. but they also don't do what they're supposed to.  i
have a file at root called quota.users or whatever it's meant to be

the defaults for running quota stuff are intact in the /etc/*rc* files.
but despite it all seeming to be correct, no quotas get generated in

/var/quotas

nor does quota -u reply with the right answer.
has anyone else had this problem?

all help and ideas appreciated.
thanks :-)

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/public partition/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)