Subject: RE: 040 testers...
To: None <PORT-MAC68K@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <HARBAUGH@FCRFV2.NCIFCRF.GOV>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1996 13:31:59

  >OK, '040 testers...  I've got a kernel for you to test that may work and
  >may crash on you.  It's working on my Q700 right now, though slowly.
  >The driver is a port of the driver that is used on NetBSD/sparc and
  >NetBSD/alpha.

Has anyone tried this on a Centris 650?  Is it worth a try, or are
there other problems that would get in the way?

  >What you'll need to do:
  >	* Install the NetBSD booter
  >	* Download the test kernel in binary mode
  >	* Configure the booter to boot from the kernel in the MacOS;
  >	  possibly with the serial console, too.
  >	* Attempt to boot.

If trying this on a Centris 650 is 'reasonable', please point me to where I can
pick up the most recent versions of the NetBSD booter and the test kernel.

| Toni Harbaugh-Blackford           | Internet: harbaugh@ncifcrf.gov         |
| System Manager                    |                                        |
| Biomedical Supercomputing Center  |                                        |
| SAIC                              |                                        |
| NCI-FCRDC                         |                                        |
| PO Box B, Bldg 430                |                                        |
| Frederick, MD 21702-1201   USA    |                                        |