Subject: Re: Centris 610
To: Rachel Hitchcock <vitality@teleport.com>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/31/1996 11:21:12
> I have not yet made filesystems on the partitions, I
> just got too eager to try booting the quadra kernels...
> was this a mistake?

Nope.  Not at all.  Did you get the latest netbsd.quadra yesterday, or
did you grab it soon after the announcement?  I replaced the
netbsd.quadra and netbsd.quadra_dual files (they're now the same
file) sometime yesterday.  The current one _should_ boot on the
C610, and should definitely get past this problem.

> vm_fault(143000,50f00000, 1, 0) -> 1

This is caused by Apple hardcoding the address 50f00000 in the ROM.
I've worked around this by mapping the first 16k of the I/O space here.

If we're going to continue using the ROMs for anything (including video
stuff), we're probably going to have to move the I/O and Nubus spaces
back to where they "belong".  *sigh*

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com