Subject: ppp quandries
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: john <webmaster@indra.seanet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1996 15:33:16
Well I have read the previous months listings, tried all I know how to do
(which is limited..) and cannot get pppd to dial my modem. I have tried the
ppp scripts with out success (both plain, modified and .pg). I am using
netbsd 1.2 on my SE/30 5/122.

I can use cu to dial and connect to my isp, and start the ppp session. Is
there a way to then to have  pppd take over the session? I have the slip
connection documentation, which uses cu to begin the session: will that
also work for ppp?

In short.. calling % /etc/ppp/ppp-up  gives me "connecting.... connected.
Starting pppd etc.... "; but the modem is never dialed and the
connect-errors log shows nothing recorded. Someone previously asked about a
ppp faq, which i have been unable to find. If anyone can point me to it, or
suggest a way to connect from the command line I will be most appreciative..

john