Subject: Recognizing swap
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Merrill <wlmerril@mtu.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/29/1996 13:16:14
First off, obligatory thanks to all people that made it possible for my
lcIII to boot into NetBSD this weekend.  I am so happy to be running
Unix on my mac.

I hope to be able to contirbute back to the effort.

Though I do have my newbie question...

How do I get a swap partition to work?
Right now I am running a usr and root partition a 100 meg drive, sd1a,
and have partitioned sd3a, a 50 meg drive for swap (overkill I know, but
I just wanted to get things going).  When I ran build device from
the installer, the fstab entry for swap was "none".  I have changed it
to sd3a, but get the following...

fugly# swapon -a
swapon: /dev/sd3a: device not configured

>From the faq, it didn't look like I need to do anything like makeswap
form Linux, so I am confused.

Also, before during boot, but before swapon is reached, I get a message
something like WARNING: no swap.

For reference, I am running the 1.2 install with ADBTEST #160.

Many thanks.

Michigan Tech  '*-,._            _.,-*'  Bill Merrill '-,._
Computer Science     '*-,.__.,-*'      wlmerril@mtu.edu    '*-,.__.,-*'