Subject: Re: Non-blocking read in ephem
To: Aaron Mansheim <a-manshe@runet.edu>
From: The Great Mr. Kurtz \[David A. Gatwood\] <davagatw@Mars.utm.edU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/28/1996 11:22:36
On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Aaron Mansheim wrote:

>  *   USE_TERMIO: use termio.h instead of older generic sgtty.h.
>
> that sgtty.h is considered to be superseded by <sys/ioctl.h> and
> there's termios.h but no termio.h. OK, what do I do now?

Try compiling with termios.h, and possibly add sys/ioctl.h as well.

I'm thinking that termio vs. termios was a difference between two
different source bases for different varieties of unix/clones, and that
they both function similarly, but I could be way wrong.

If this isn't running setuid or seteuid to root, is there any reason you
couldn't just replace the call with a getc?  Just curious.

Good luck,

|David A. Gatwood             And Richard Cory, one calm summer night,  |
|davagatw@mars              Went home and put a bullet through his head.|
|dgatwood@nyx.cs.du.edu              --Edwin Arlington Robinson         |
|http://mars.utm.edu/~davagatw -or- http://nox.cs.du.edu:8001/~dgatwood |