Subject: Re: Newbie questions
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@og.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1996 23:38:44
On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Kitada Hiroshi wrote:

> I am also a newbie, but as far as I know, Xmac68k (X server from
> xserver12) does not run on SE/30, and probably neither on Color Classic.

Since the cat's out of the bag, so to speak, I might as well let everyone
know:  there is an official unofficial(tm) X11R6.1 package in the 1.2
release directory on ftp.netbsd.org and mirrors.  I had hoped to make the
source available as well, but there are some political snags that are
still being worked out.

I would expect this to work on all machines, but if it doesn't, we have
some grf problems to track down.  It would be helpful for me to see the
output of the `dmesg' command (run this shortly after boot).

--scott