Subject: Re: x mac client?
To: xiamin <Ingerrn@cris.com>
From: Allan 'Norm' Crain <allanc@idea-inc.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/27/1996 11:53:51
On Sun, 27 Oct 1996, xiamin wrote:

> this is a little off the topic of netbsd, but do any xwindows clients
> exist for the mac?

Not that I've ever seen. It wouldn't make too much sense, since Macs are
generally graphical systems, and therefore it's somewhat odd to use a Mac
to run nongraphical programs which would display on other machines, eh?
This is what Unix is for. If you mean 'Mac' meaning just the hardware,
though, then you have NetBSD, which does have an XWindows distribution
with several XWindows clients, I would assume.

Or perhaps did you mean any xwindows /servers/?
Allan "Norm" Crain |  allanc@idea-inc.com  | http://web.idea-inc.com/~allanc
"We'll have fun fun fun 'till my daddy takes the T1 away" --nby@idea-inc.com