Subject: Re: ncrscsi driver trouble
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/26/1996 20:14:05
>Now that I've solved it the hard way, is there a list of what drives give
>ncrscsi difficulties?
>
>It turns out that, on the Quantum front, the trailblazers and fireballs
>aren't the only ones.  The CTS160S, and presumably its 80MB counterpart
>(default drives for the LCIII) do NOT work with this driver.  Every kernel
>problem I mentioned or had for the past month has been caused by this.
>ARGGGHHH
>
>I am just grateful that John W used the sbc in ADBTEST....

I keep telling people, there is more to it than just the drives, I have had
a Quantum Trailblazer 840 going under NetBSD 1.1 for 11 months or so with
no drive problems what so ever, and now I am running a custom 1.2 (CHRIS)
kernel that is using the ncrscsi driver, and still no problems.  We need to
look at this much more closely.

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu