Subject: Re: DiiMO accelerator and netbsd?
To: None <mikeh@csra.net>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1996 10:15:29

> I have seen adds for a DiiMO 50mhz accelerator card w/fpu for the SE/30,
> and was wondering if anyone has one of these working under NetBSD.
>
> Also, It seems that if I try to compile a kernel (1.2) with even a plain
> GENERIC config file, savecore complains it cannot find device 0/0, and yet
> savecore works with the 1.2 GENERIC distribution kernel.  Was the
> distribution kernel compiled with something other than the GENERIC config
> file?

That's because it's not /netbsd. savecore looks in /netbsd to help it
know where to grovel for a core file. When I'm debugging things, I often get
this error.

I typically keep a number of kernels around, and link (either hard or
soft) netbsd to the current one.

> Final question...  How do I stop console messages from writing to the root
> X window and messing the display up?

add the option UCONSOLE to your kernel config.

Take care,

Bill