Subject: Re: popper - got it!
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1996 15:19:26
>> the man pages and readmes indicated that it was run from inetd and it acts
>> as the user who is logging in. it does correctly get run by inetd because
>> when i connect from eudora or telnet, inetd does wake up popper and it
>> does answer.
>
>I really suggest using qpopper from ftp.qualcomm.com--it will look in
>the right place for the mail files and really doesn't require much
>configuration at all.

it's ok. :-) I got it. I was missing a link from

/usr/spool/mqueue and /usr/spool/mail
to their /var equivalents.
also was missing the .uid.pop file in /var/mail (it wanted it there for
some funny reason) and the access privvs setup the same as /var/mail/uid
files.
it works now.

this was sent from eudora :-)

John Ostrowick
Computer Science Department, University of the Witwatersrand
1 Jan Smuts Ave, Johannesburg, South Africa. 1st Floor, Senate House 1012
Phone: +27 (011) 716-3783
jon@cs.wits.ac.za or jon@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za or jon@is.co.za
My web page is on my server's: http://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/
My ftp site: ftp://macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za/macenroe/pub/
My listserv: subscr@macenroe.cs.wits.ac.za (any message with a body)