Subject: Re: ppp question
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/25/1996 08:56:26
On Thu, 24 Oct 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

.. > but everytime i try to start the ppp connection by
.. >
.. > /etc/ppp/ppp-up
.. >
.. > i get
.. >
.. > connecting ... done
.. >
.. > before the modem even starts to dial!  after a few seconds, the modem
.. > will start to dial into my ISP, but ppp is not established.
.. >
.. > what have i done wrong?
..
.. Sounds like there is a problem with the chat script.

Maybe the nothing is wrong !? When I use ppp-up, it always returns before
dialling starts, but then the modem dials and eventually the PPP
connection is established. I normally watch the log file (tail -f
/var/log/messages) to verify the actual connection process.

regards
Erik Bertelsen