Subject: Re: Printing
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Short <jonathan@leviathan.ele.uri.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/23/1996 23:06:34
Hi thanks to everybody for the help.  I looked on the Colin Woods list of
working/nonworking macs, and found that the PMMU is the Paged Memory
Management Unit.  ???.  But I guess that I don't really need to know what
it is, but simply how to find out if I have it on the Mac II, or else I
can't use it with MacBSD anyway.  So how can I find out if it has the PMMU?
And as for the localtalk vs. ethernet issue, I would just determine which
type of connection it was by simply looking to see if there is an
appletalk box hooked up to either the modem or printer port, and if not
then it is ethernet appletalk, right?  Thanks a lot for all of the help.
					-Jonathan Short