Subject: Re: IIci + ADBTEST 160 = poweroff; serial echo
To: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1996 10:47:52

> Hi,
>
> I wanted to try the latest ADBTEST kernel on my IIci.  It boots and
> probes the ADB ok most of the time(*), but after printing the PRAM time,
> it shuts the machine *off*.  Normally it would ask for the root partition
> here. (I have 'ask' checked)  Booting with a serial console works ok, but
> serial boot echo doesn't.

>From your config:
> zstty0 at zsc0 channel 0 (console) (raw defaults)

You have serial console on the modem port. Just a reminder that serial echo
ONLY works on the printer port. Was the other computer hooked up to the
printer port when you tried serial echo? If not, I'd appreciate it if you
could try again as serial echo SHOULD be working (though only on the
printer port).

Take care,

Bill