Subject: Re: NuBus color kernels + sources
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/22/1996 00:59:21
It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taras, thank you so much for your work!!!!

Right now, I'm finally looking at my X setup in beautiful 8-bit color.
So, it seems to working at least on the following hardware:

Mac IIci (w/ Daystar Accelerator)
Macintosh Color Display
Mac II High Resolution Video Card

Ok, now for the bad news.  The video driver appears to have some trouble
resetting to b/w mode.  I can successfully run grftest1 (it draws 4
vertical lines, then blanks to gray I think, then produces a multihued
pattern on the screen), but grftest appears to have some trouble.  The
screen goes to a light gray and stays that way for several minutes.  It
then seems to go back to b/w mode, but the screen is strangely messed up
(it's rather hard to explain, basically, letters are drawn with large,
alternating lines of black and white).  However, I can still type things
(albeit a bit blindly) and run X.

If there is any information which I can give you, please let me know.

Later.