Subject: Re: Centris vs. Quadra 610
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1996 23:35:56

> Colin Wood wrote:
> >
> > Is there any reason why the ADB would be different on the Centris vs. the
> > Quadra 610?  Also, does anyone know if onboard or nubus video works on
> > either of these machines?
>
> The Centris 610 and Quadra 610 have the same ADB type. Attached
> below is my list of what machines use what ADB format/chip.

	I believe that they use the same motherboard, but with two differences.
The first is the different processor chip. The other is that they have
different jumpers (actually resistors) soldered on. There are two groups,
one for selecting the clock speed, and one for identifying different machine
Gestalts. From http://violet.berkeley.edu/~schrier/mhz.html - 610.html

610 mach Gestalts	R137
  52 (C610)		300 Ohms (301)
  53 (Q610)		empty

--
| Nigel Pearson, Telstra IND, Sydney  |"In this city I confess              |
| Email:  nigel@ind.tansu.com.au      | god is mammon, more is less         |