Subject: Re: Carrera040
To: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@edsi.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/21/1996 17:12:53
On Mon, 21 Oct 1996, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> > Video address 0xfee08000 -> 0xbb4000.
> >
> > ...and then it stopped.
> > [...]
> Scott will know better than I, but I think support for the LC040 is only
> present in post-1.2 kernels. There was a problem with FP emmulation
> in 1.2 for the 040LC. Though I didn't think this was where the problem
> occured.

Bill is correct; the FPE problem with the LC040 is (at least partially)
solved only in -current kernels.  I am not 100% convinced that there is
not still a problem, however, due to the way the FPE handles effective
address calculations for its operands (in an 881/882/030-specific
fashion).

I am having a similar problem with PowerBook 500-series video, which I
hope to resolve before I give the machine back to its owner this week.

--scott