Subject: Re: configuration question
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Colin Wood <ender@is.rice.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1996 13:33:44
> what options among
>
> options         M68040
> options         M68030
> options         M68020          # Must have 68851 PMMU
> options         FPSP
> options         FPU_EMULATE
>
> are really options and what options must always be present? I remember
> some time ago I got a nice song out my Mac when I disabled floating
> point options and tried to reboot.

On my IIci w/ 68882 FPU, I use

options         M68030
makeoptions	CC="cc -m68030"

And it worked just fine with source up to the 1.2 release.  I haven't
tried compiling current yet.  If you don't have an '020 or an '040, you
shouldn't need:

options         M68040
options         M68020          # Must have 68851 PMMU

Likewise, if you have an FPU, you shouldn't need:

options         FPSP
options         FPU_EMULATE

So, it may just be that -current doesn't happen to currently produce a
bootable kernel.  (This does happen from time to time).  However, you
might want to build a GENERIC kernel and see if it runs first before
accepting my conclusion.

Later.