Subject: Re: configuration question
To: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
From: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/18/1996 13:17:26
> > options         M68040
> > options         M68030
> > options         M68020          # Must have 68851 PMMU
> > options         FPSP
> > options         FPU_EMULATE
> >
> > are really options and what options must always be present?

> They should all be options.  The fact that they aren't is a bug.  IMO...

> Did you recompile from scratch?
> The PUMA config has only M68030 (from the above list) and it works fine.

Yes, I run sup in the evening, then config and then make. I have
disabled also many drivers for hardware I do not have (tapes,
scanners, ether, etc) but I do not see how they can affect reboot. I
tried also 1-bit and 8-bit mode with the same effects. I will try to
build the full GENERIC kernel without those options to see how it
works.

	Taras Ivanenko.