Subject: Re: enabling IIci cache card
To: None <kenn@eden.rutgers.edu>
From: None <briggs@puma.macbsd.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1996 23:04:40
> I think there ought to be some kind of a system call for the user land
> programs to get to the running kernel file without explicitly specifying
> its file name (something to the effect of argv[0] for the kernel itself?).

That's a good idea for most cases, I think, if we can get that information
without too much difficulty (the booter could pass it in in the mac68k
case, but I don't know about other ports).

It does fail if you've loaded the kernel off an alternate location
(MacOS, bootp/tftp/bootparam server, tape, etc).

-allen

--
              Allen Briggs - end killing - briggs@macbsd.com