Subject: You can do AUX partitions on FWB 2.0.1
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John P. Wittkoski <jpw@netscape.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1996 18:28:04
I received the following response when I emailed FWB
regarding the rumors that the new Hard Disk Toolkit 2.0.1
doesn't support AUX partitions, and thought it might
be of interest to some of you.

I haven't tried this, since I don't own FWB HDT yet.
I think that that "AUX" paritions are really the same as
the "Apple_UNIX_SVR2" partitions, right? Or is there some
different between AUX 2.0 and AUX 3.0 partitions?

This document is for making a disk that works with
MkLinux, but a similar procedure should work for NetBSD.
My guess is that the "AT LEASTs" are for mkLinux in
general, not a limit of the partitioning software itself,
but I could be wrong.

	--John

----- begin included message

                      RE>FWD>HDT 2.0
10/17/96
Thank you for your e-mail message.

We actually still support AUX.  I have included the AUX partitioning
instructions below.  I hope this answers all of your questions, if you
need
further assistance please let us know.  Have a good day.

=================
Hard Disk ToolKit 2.0.1 can create custom partitions for use with
MkLinuxª.

Step 1:  Format the drive.
Step 2:  When the first Create Volumes window appears choose "Apple_HFS"
from
the VOLUME TYPE list.  Type the following information in the available
boxes.
NAME: MacOS HFS Boot partition
(this volume must be AT LEAST 50 MB)
Step 3:  Choose CREATE NEW VOLUME under the DEVICE menu.
When the Create Volumes window appears choose "Scratch" from the VOLUME
TYPE
list.  Type the following information in the available boxes.
NAME: root
TYPE:  Apple_UNIX_SVR2
(this volume must be AT LEAST 100 MB)
Step 4:  Choose CREATE NEW VOLUME under the DEVICE menu.
When the Create Volumes window appears choose "Scratch" from the VOLUME
TYPE
list.  Type the following information in the available boxes.
NAME: usr
TYPE:  Apple_UNIX_SVR2
(this volume must be AT LEAST 200 MB)
Step 5:  Choose CREATE NEW VOLUME under the DEVICE menu.
When the Create Volumes window appears choose "Scratch" from the VOLUME
TYPE
list.  Type the following information in the available boxes.
NAME: swap
TYPE:  Apple_UNIX_SVR2
(this volume must be AT LEAST 64 MB)

This should allow you to use your MKlinux software.  This will be added
in a
FAQ and is in the readme for HDT 2.0.1.