Subject: Re: tcl/tk private headers
To: Taras Ivanenko <ivanenko@ctpa03.mit.edu>
From: Brad Salai <bsalai@servtech.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/17/1996 13:42:47
Not particularly relevant to this specific discussion, but a tcl/tk
question nevertheless:

I've not been able to build expect because config looks for and cannot find
tcl private headers. I've looked and looked and scratched my head, but have
not been able to get around this.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Brad

>> Taras Ivanenko wrote:
>> >
>> > I have redefined internal Tcl file
>> > offset type and run grep for all functions that use it. Very ugly
>> > task.
>> >
>> I think I will do this, too.
>> Maybe it would be easier, to grep for stat calls and then   \8-P
>> store only the lower 32 bits of the size, since I don't     \8-P
>> have files of that size?                                    \8-P
>
>Watch also for tell() and seek()
>
>I have the following definition at the end of
>tcl7.5/unix/tclUnixPort.h :
>
>#ifdef NetBSD
>#define off_t tcl_off_t
>typedef int tcl_off_t;
>#endif
>
>I am not sure what was my idea at that time but it apparently works. I
>did not look at tcl/NetBSD for a some time.
>

>> What, if any, are the effects of running a colorkit X server on
>> a black and white machine?
>
>I guess there are no effects, it won't run.

Stephen B. Salai                            Phone (716) 325-5553
Cumpston & Shaw                          Fax    (716) 262-3906
Two State Street                          email bsalai@servtech.com
Rochester, NY 14614