Subject: re: LC/VGA adaptor
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brian Cole <tuc@cs.wisc.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 23:02:38
Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk> writes:
]
] Anyone know of a (UK or international) company which sells the converter
] from Mac LC style video to VGA?
]
] And am I right in my suspicion that having one of these would as a side
] effect enable the LC to boot headless?

If all you want is to be able to boot headless, then unfold a paper-clip
into a 'U' shape, then use it to bridge pins 4 and 11 on the 15-pin female
monitor port.  Your mac will think it is attached to an Apple 13" RGB
display, 640x480@67Hz.

If you really want VGA, then bridge pins 7 and 10 instead.  Your mac (if
it is recent enough) will think it is attached to a VGA monitor and probably
do 640x480@60Hz.

brian

PS.  Two questions:
     1) Does anyone know where I might be able to find some VRAM chips
        for the empty sockets on my Toby frame buffer?
     2) Does anyone feel like compiling me a 1.2 kernel with GATEWAY
        enabled?  :-)
--
 Brian A. Cole    |_   _  |  |  ___|  Visit Brian's Mac Monitor Summary