Subject: Mkfs fails if SCSI ID !=0 ?
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stephen J. Alexander <Stephen.J.Alexander@Dartmouth.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 08:56:00
Yesterday as I was installing 1.2 (I'm a total newbie to macbsd) I ran into a
spot of trouble with Mkfs. I was getting 'Error on SCSIselect(), 2' etc when
the drive I was installing to was on ID 1, no problem on ID 0. I wasn't able to
try other IDs as the drive is a little wonky... but anyway, has anyone seen
this before? If it's important, I was installing from a Performa 636/601
upgrade running 7.5.5. The install-to disk is a Quantum 425S. Now that I've
sucessfully installed, The dist seems to boot and run okay on my IIsi (with
some exceptions but that's another story which I will write about later).
Any info is, of course, appreciated.

Stephen