Subject: Re: Book recommendation request
To: None <news@maple-gw.maple.or.jp>
From: Lutz Albers <lutz@tavari.muc.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/11/1996 08:11:52
On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Doug Jones wrote:

> I've bought two books on UNIX (UNIX for Dummies & UNIX Power Tools) but
> neither cover such areas as creation of accounts, setting TCP/IP addresses,
> setting and use of SendMail, etc.  I would really appreciate it if someone
> would recommend books, web sites or other resources that cover these and
> other such system admin topics.

Unix System Adminstration Handbook, 2nd Edition
Nemeth, Snyder, Seebass, Hein
Prentice-Hall

Be sure to get the 2nd Edition (the one with the red cover).

For sendmail you might want to get the "sendmail Bible":
sendmail
Bryan Costales, Eric Allman
O'Reilly

ciao
  lutz

Lutz Albers                                     |       What's good ?
Luederitzstr. 14, 81929-Muenchen, Germany       |      Life's good -
<mailto:lutz@muc.de>       ph: +49-89-93940363  | But not fair at all
<http://www.muc.de/~lutz>  fax:+49-89-93940365  |          (Lou Reed)

Do not take life too seriously, you will never get out of it alive.