Subject: Re: Re: FWB AUX Partitioning
To: None <fwbinc@aol.com>
From: Doug Jones <djones@knet.gol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1996 20:00:17
FWB>  I'm sorry but v2.0 doesn't support them either. Versions up to
FWB> and including  v1.7.7 supported A/UX 2.0 partitions but it was
FWB> my understanding that these were virtually useless to most people.
FWB>
FWB> If you can make a persuasive case for why you need them I may be able
FWB>  to push the issue on software engineering.
FWB>
FWB>  Joel McKinnon
FWB>  Technical Support Rep
FWB>  FWB Software LLC
FWB>  (fwbinc@aol.com)

Dear Mr. McKinnon,
Believe it or not they are not useless.  I have used FWB for close to 5 years
now ever since buying a Hammer drive that came with the software.  When it
came time for me to format and partition a drive for use with NetBSD I
naturally pulled out FWB but discovered after formatting that I would not
create AUX partitions.  I was then forced to pull out and use the copy of the
APS formatter that came with a drive I bought from them.  I would of course
preferred to use your product but since it doesn't support my needs any more
I couldn't.

Sincerely,

Doug Jones
djones@knet.gol.com