Subject: Re: Installation Help Idea...
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg Putrich <gregp@primenet.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/10/1996 18:39:30
On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> One recurring theme that seems to be coming up with any SCSI driver (and
> plaguing at least 2, perhaps 3 NetBSD ports) is:  Quantum disks.  I've
> just recently heard reports that Quantum violates the SCSI spec, but
> unfortunately I don't know how they're doing that.  This would, however,
> cause problems with drivers that are implemented to specification. :-(

I've had the same problems, but cured my Quantum problems by compiling my
own kernel with the sbc driver. Not one problem since I've done it.

I've tried to use the GENERICSBC kernel (all vers), but they never load.
Locks up the screen immediately after the booter is finished and netbsd
takes over.
Greg Putrich - Internet: gregp@primenet.com                       [skeezix]
Public Key 27E97EBD = 62 0E B9 A2 45 D2 64 AC 8A B4 6D 9D 5B 23 90 1F

               An fsck a day keeps the core dump away