Subject: Re: Maxapplezoom
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: M.R. Zucca <mrz5149@cs.rit.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/09/1996 23:11:31
>Nice theory, but wrong. :-)
>
>Both X and dt should be looking to the kernel (via an ioctl()), which in
>turn has extracted information from the card.  I don't see any place where
>either application could pick up the information passed in from the Booter
>on a NuBus video card.

Doesn't the NuBus code check the values by asking the card and then filling
in the grf struct? Too advanced for it's own good :)

>(However, internal video does indeed use this information!)
>
>The ite (console) driver uses the Booter values, so it's not surprising
>that it sees the extra space.

Soon even this won't be true. The code I have now can probe the sense lines
and know what monitor is on the port and figure out the resolution that way.
That's a much better way to do it anyway. :)

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@rit.cs.rit.edu - http://www.rit.edu/~mrz5149/
 "I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose Freewill. "
  --Rush, Freewill