Subject: TCP/IP Network Setup
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johan Claesson <Johan.Claesson@uab.ericsson.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/04/1996 09:51:52
Hi all!

Finally I made it, my new twiste-pair cable works!

Background: I have one Macintosh IIcx running NetBSD 1.1 and one Macintosh
Performa 475. Between thoose computers I have an ethernet connection using an
opposite twisted-pair cable (RJ-45).

What I attend to do: I wan't my IIcx to become an server running TCP/IP with
DNS, NIS, etc. So I can use my Performa 475 to connect to using Telnet, MacX,
etc. Actually I want my Performa 475 to become a client to the IIcx
NetBSD-server.

Question: Is there some fellow out there who is willing to guide me through the
setup process step-by-step. Like how to set the server IP-address, name, domain,
etc.

Best Regards
/Johan Claesson