Subject: mksf problems on zip
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rick Hawkins <rhawkins@iastate.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1996 15:57:34
I have managed to convince the aux variation of hd sc setup to partition
a zip disk.  I left it with a mac driver, about 30M of mac space, &
about 50 of slice 0.  Ocassionally it has a problem, claiming the media
may need repair, but aside from that it works.

mkfs launches and correctly identifies the partions.  HOwever, when i
select the slice, it gives page errors 5(3) and 5(4) (it's scsi id 5),
and suggests that i ignore them.  It also reports 0 heads, 0 cylinders,
and announces that it's taking a wild-assed guess.

When i tell it to format, it takes about a second, and claims to be
done.  However, installer 1.9.4 then fails with error 22, immediately.

I have tried the settings in the zip how-to, and these don't change
anything.

also, there is no hard disk on this 180 . . .

any ideas?

rick