Subject: Re: ADBTEST #160 and my LCIII
To: Cameron Mellor <Cameron-Mellor@deshaw.com>
From: Julian Bean <jules@mailbox.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1996 15:49:55
At 2:07 pm +0100 3/10/96, Cameron Mellor wrote:
>Apologies in advance for my lack of NetBSD knowledge--I have checked
>the web pages but can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for,
>hence the mail ...
>
>John P. Wittkoski wrote:
> : Greetings all,
> : There is a new ADBTEST kernel available at:
>[...]
> : It seems to work fine on my II and IIsi.
>
>Julian Bean came back with:
> : Well, it is looking good so far on elsie:
> :
> : jelibean@elsie:~% /sbin/dmesg
> : NetBSD 1.2 (ADBTEST) #160: Sun Sep 29 21:02:32 EDT 1996
> :     root@daedalus.netwizards.net:/usr/src/sys/arch/mac68k/compile/ADBTEST
> : Apple Macintosh LC III  (68030)
>[...]
> : Having said that, I copied that dmesg out of a telnet window, and I'm
> : sending this mail via elsie as a PPP gateway, so things look good.
>
>Have I misunderstood the meaning of ADB support?  If Jul{ian,es} is
>using telnet, can you actually use the keyboard with this kernel?

Apologies for confusion.  I was using telnet so that I could copy and paste
into my mac-side email package.  My intended implication was just 'if the
network stuff is all working, things can't be too bad...'

The keyboard works just froody...

Jul{es,ian}

|  Jelibean aka  | jules@mailbox.co.uk           |  6 Evelyn Road      |
|  Julian Bean   |                               |  TW9 2TF    *UK*    |
|  The 'net interprets censorship as damage, and routes around it.     |