Subject: libc.so.12.3 problem
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Mays <st92lbwr@dunx1.ocs.drexel.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/03/1996 09:43:59
Hey....  I started getting this odd message:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.3: minor version >= 5 expected,
using it anyway

a lot of the time.  Mostly while compiling though.  Where can I get an
update of libc?  I downloaded the lib.tar.gz file from netbsd.org, and in
trying to compile the /usr/src/lib/libc subset, I get the following error:

building standard c library
tsort: illegal option -- q
usage: tsort [-l] [file]
nm: bt_debug.o: no name list.
/usr/libexec/ld.so: warning: libc.so.12.3: minor version >= 5 expected, using it
 anyway
ar: no archive members specified
usage:  ar -d [-Tv] archive file ...
        ar -m [-Tv] archive file ...
        ar -m [-abiTv] position archive file ...
        ar -p [-Tv] archive [file ...]
        ar -q [-cTv] archive file ...
        ar -r [-cuTv] archive file ...
        ar -r [-abciuTv] position archive file ...
        ar -t [-Tv] archive [file ...]
        ar -x [-ouTv] archive [file ...]
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Any ideas?  I'm going to try and make clean and make again, in case that's
got something to do with it.  Otherwise, is there anyone who could give me
their newer binary?  Thanks!

Dave Mays