Subject: Getting a MacII in the air
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Roger Westerlund <roger@dataton.se>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 10/01/1996 19:58:38
Hi everybody!

I have been here before trying to get a NetBSD system running on the
Macs I have around me. I have managed to get an SE/30 up and running and
it has already done a lot of compiling for me.
But the machine I really would like to get going is an old MacII with a
DayStar PowerCache (MC68030 no FPU). I also have a MacII video card from
Apple and another video card from Mirror technologies and an ethernet
card. Guess why I want that machine running...

Well, I have tried several different kernels (GENERIC_47, GENERIC_67 and
some intvidtest kernel vith booter 1.9.3b3) but no luck. I have the
mode32 and the MacII is set to 32 bit adressing. I have tried a lot of
card combinations but still no luck. Now I turn to you for some advice
before I really go crazy.

I get no clues from the booter and I never get any display (I don't
think it gets that far either) so, I'm completely clueless. I have never
managed to use the functions serial echo or serial console, how do I do
that?

HELP! Anyone?

Roger Westerlund