Subject: Re: first posting; partitioning a ZIP drive.
To: Roel K. Brand <robra@stack.urc.tue.nl>
From: Steve Bowers <netbsd@gargle.tcp.co.uk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/17/1996 21:41:22
Easiest solution I can think of is to boot with the Iomega driver disabled in
MacOS and insert the ZIP disc after finder has started. Then run the HDSC
utility and rescan if nothing shows up for your zip SCSI ID. I've got a feeling
that Apples HDSC might spew at the ZIP though as it isn't a _real_ hard drive.
My version wouldn't even find it last  time I tried. I use Spot On which came
with my hard drive but again this requires that the Iomega driver isn't loaded
to perforn the partitioning properly.
Whilst we're on about zips, could someone post the correct settings for the
MacOS mkfs utility - I've lost the ones I wrote down and the ones in the FAQ
don't appear to work. (or maybe I'm just being dense...)

SteveB