Subject: Re: C660AV Port?
To: None <evanspa1@aston.ac.uk>
From: Thomas Bjorn Andersen <bjorn@daimi.aau.dk>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 09/06/1996 11:38:47
>>>>> "Paul" == Paul Evans, Computing Science & Applied \ Mathematics, Aston University <evanspa1@aston.ac.uk> writes:

 Paul> Hi, I'm on my final year of a Computing degree at Aston
 Paul> University, UK.  For my individual project I'm writing a UNIX
 Paul> based WWW service.  I've purchased NetBSD Nov 95 edition from
 Paul> InfoMagic but unfortunately it will not run on my Centris
 Paul> 660AV.  I was hoping to do much of the project work at home
 Paul> rather than the uni.

You might want to try and download a newer version from one of the ftp
sites...

 Paul> I read on one of the www.macbsd.com WWW pages that the latest
 Paul> version partially works, non-serial on the C660AV.

 Paul> I've installed everything onto my A/UX root/usr partition but
 Paul> when I try to boot-up, it says 'cannot allocate video' and goes
 Paul> into debug mode.

 Paul> Can you tell me whether I've done something wrong, need to
 Paul> download a patch / new software or whether it's tough luck and
 Paul> have to wait for you to write a new version.

Try connecting another computer to the serial port (9600, 8-bit even
parity). Don't forget to edit the /etc/ttys according to the
serial-howto on http://www.macbsd.com/

Hope you get this working...

-- Thomas