Subject: Re: xinit error
To: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@pgoyette.bdt.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1996 12:56:40
Well, I got X running the hard way, by reading the man pages!

The man page for xdm includes some sample procedures, including one for
.xsession, while the man page for startx has some examples for the
.xinitrc file.

If you type `man xdm' and it doesn't find the man page, you'll need to
update your MANPATH variable to include /usr/X11R6/man directory.