Subject: Re: xinit error
To: John Ostrowick <jon@macaroni.cs.wits.ac.za>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@loki.stanford.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/31/1996 10:36:56
> If no-one has had such a problem, then i can only presume there is
> something wrong with my setups and this is not a netbsd issue, in which
> case i'll give up and go somewhere where i hopefully will not get as badly
> flamed as i have been. Not sure where. On other lists i'll prolly get told
> to go away because my OS version is wrong... Anyway, I really appreciate
> the help i get from people who have helped. I mean that.

Stick around. _I_ think you've been sufficiently pennant. :-)

One possable source for this error message is from the kernel. After this
error happens, look in /var/log/messages. At the bottom of the file
(type 'G' in more to get there fast) you'll find any error message
spat out recently. There might be one there from X's failure.

Also, maybe look both before & after trying X. :-)

Take care,

Bill