Subject: Bob's questions on PPP
To: Robert C. Tindall <rtindall@delta.math.wsu.edu>
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@leech.q7.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 08/30/1996 21:31:41
On Fri, 30 Aug 1996, Robert C. Tindall wrote:

> but nothing tells me what's going on.

Which is my complaint about the questions I ask on here. :)

Anyway, the wrong answer (my answer) to how to get ppp working: delete all
the fancy replace strings and code your username and password directly
into ppp-chat. I think I also had to make sure the chat script did the
proper ping-ponging, i.e. "<expect stuff>" "<sent stuff>"... Or is
that "<sent stuff>" first? Check the man page. I think things were out of
sync somewhere in ppp-chat.

Hisashi T Fujinaka - htodd@leech.q7.com (a NetBSD Mac SE/30)
BSEE (6/86) + BSChem (3/95) + BAEnglish (8/95) + $3.00 = mocha latte